We are excited to announce our transition to the Dance Comp Genie registration system. Many of you will be very familiar with it. Making the switch from our old system has allowed for many new perks, including the addition of video critiques. As with any transition though, we’re expecting some bumps along the way. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated. Please contact us if we can provide assistance in any way. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call us during normal business hours at (316) 522-4836.
Please note the following items prior to entering acts.
Then click on the registration link below to begin.
- Deadline for paid-in-full entries is 21 days prior to the first day of competition, OR 45 days if you are applying for the rebate (click here for more info on the studio rebate program).
- If you received a scholarship for any of the dancers you intend to register you’ll need to email us to request a coupon code BEFORE YOU BEGIN the registration process. In your email to email@example.com include the name of your studio, and the name of the student(s) you are requesting the code(s) for. Include also the event location in which the scholarship was awarded, and for groups, the song title the act was entered under. We will then confirm the scholarship(s) and reply to your email with the appropriate code(s) and instructions on how to apply them. Please be aware that TOP scholarships are non-transferable for any reason. Only those exact dancers who were awarded the scholarship as were listed in the event program are eligible to redeem it.
- When you create your studio roster you will now be asked to assign a level to each individual dancer. The system will then assign leveling for each act you enter based on the MAJORITY level (50% or more in this case) of the dancers in each act. This is a policy change for the 2018 season. In the case of an equal number of dancers from different levels the default is to the higher level. If you choose a level for the act that is different from the system default, a message box will appear indicating the automatic change. Level overrides are possible but only by request, and only prior to posting of the show schedule. Level overrides are only considered for moving an act up a level, never down.
- The way you enter performer names and song titles will be the exact way those names and title will appear in the program. Prefered style is initial caps on all words. For example: Jane Doe, Kathy Smith, Walking On Sunshine, Let It Go, etc. Please never use ALL CAPS.
- Photos must now be uploaded as part of creating an entry into the Photogenic Competition.
- Once you have successfully entered and paid for your acts you’re still not finished until you upload your performance music. Return to your Dance Comp Genie dashboard and click on the “Upload Music” button to begin. CD’s will only be accepted on a very limited basis this year and only by prior arrangement with the TOP office staff.